Sunday, September 14, 2014

Getting back to my little sweetie!


Yes, it's been awhile!
But I get sidetracked easily and plus I was a bit intimidated
about painting her face ~

But I did it!!!
This weekend I just decided to go for it and if I messed up,
I would just paint over it and start again.

Here's my first try and I'm so pleased...
yes, she's still naked and bald but I'm working on her hair right now.



I'm using suri alpaca wool for her hair.
Each piece has to thoroughly combed and cleaned then
I make tufts to glue around her head starting at the nape of her neck.
I'm going to cut it into a sweet bob I think, we'll see!



You can see in the photo below, on the right is how the hair starts off
and on the left after combing and cleaning....
you have to comb it with a large needle too!



I hope her hair turns out OK...but I guess you never learn until you try!!






And my last set of three pumpkins is finished!!
I just love this wonderful crinkly fabric...
perfect to take you through fall and even into Thanksgiving.
They would be beautiful piled into a wire basket!!!
Now listed in my Etsy shop too :)







Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to ~
Happy Monday precious friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn



2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

She's beautiful. Can't wait to see her with a head full of hair. Your creativeness amazes me Dawn. You are so talented. I'm having a little give away at my blog,tomorrow is the last day before I draw a name. Go by and check it out if you like. Blessings friend

rush said...

The little one looks wonderful. You have captured a wonderful little face. She will be darling when she's done!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...